Sunday 16 March 2014

Emily de Molly 'Folklore' {Swatches and Review}

Hello lovely readers!

If you follow my instagram you will know I love supporting indie brands and Emily de Molly is definitely one of my favourites! Today I have a gorgeous polish from Emily de Molly to show you, called 'Folklore'.

 

Folklore is a beautiful teal jelly packed with tiny holographic teal glitters. As with all of Hayley's polishes the formula was great which made for a quick and easy application, with hardly any clean up required. This polish can become opaque with two regular (not too think but not too thin) or three thin coats.

The dry time on this polish is pretty good, by the time I had finished one regular coat on all fingers, the first finger was dry enough for me to start a second!

Like a lot of glitter polishes, Folklore needed a few coats of topcoat for it to become fully smooth, I used two coats of Essence 'Gel Look' Topcoat and a coat of Essie 'To Dry for'.

These photos show two coats of Folklore with three coats of topcoat.

Folklore in the shade.

Folklore in the shade.
The holographic glitters in Folklore are super sparkly and look amazing in all types of lighting, but when you can catch a bit of sun this polish really shines!

Folklore in full sunlight.

  The below picture is slightly out of focus to show off the amazing holo-ness!
 
Folklore in full sunlight.
I'm a huge fan of this polish! I love the colour and it has the perfect amount of holographic sparkle, I actually can't stop staring at my nails! To purchase Folklore check out Emily de Molly's store for availability and/or stockists.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment